I had a moment the other day where I suddenly realized how weird it was that I was already a sophomore. Where is my life going, I ask you? Sigh. My feelings every month as I prepare this recap post.
∼ February Life Things ∼
The most important thing that happened this February was…I got my Learner’s Permit!! And I drove for the first time. It was…scary. But it’s also super exciting! I may eventually talk about learning to drive on here more, but I want it to be later when I have a more complete experience to share with you.
My family also visited Great Wolf Lodge to celebrate my sister’s birthday, and that was really, really fun!
I also got my room painted, which was nice, and I hope to keep fixing up it during March to be how I want it.
∼ February Blog Things ∼
On the blog this month, we talked about…
- How our feelings do not control us, what true love means, and how to handle spiritual highs and lows;
- I shared some favorite book couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day;
- and I highlighted four of my favorite blogs that I think you should all read.
And here are a few highlights from other peoples’ blogs that I enjoyed:
- From Deborah O’Carroll, an interview of two characters from one of her writing projects that was just really fun to read
- Katie Grace’s blog post writing process
- Also from Katie Grace, what it’s like to be a novel
- From Emily, 99 daily thoughts of a bookworm
- Amanda gives some tips for dealing with stress
∼ February Books, Movies, and Music ∼
So, here’s the truth about February…I didn’t finish any books. But! I did make a great deal of progress on Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Dickens takes a long time to read! (like more than a month)
For movies, I rewatched Amazing Grace (my favorite movie of all time! go watch it!) and also started watching the Hallmark TV series When Calls the Heart. I’ve only watched a few episodes but I’m really enjoying it so far.
I also discovered Katie Gregoire on YouTube. She’s a Christian YouTuber with a great personality and I’ve really enjoyed watching her videos so far!
For music, it’s still a mishmash, with lots of Broadway involved. I’ve also gotten back into contemporary Christian again. Not all of the popular stuff is good, but there are some good songs.
∼ Upcoming in March ∼
…I have no idea! I mean, I have plenty of ideas, but I don’t know which ones I’ll use and none of them are scheduled yet. So prepare to be surprised!
Also, if you have any requests, be sure to let me know! I do have some ideas, but there’s plenty of empty space also!!
How was your February? What did you read, watch, and listen to? Did you read any good blog posts this month? Tell me in the comments below!
♥ love, grace ♥