(in which I have no idea how to introduce this post so we’re just going to jump right in)
Thank the blog that nominated you: My fabulous name-twin Grace over at Grace’s Poetry Blog nominated me for this award a few days ago. (Thank you, Grace!)
Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- I almost never listen to pop music. So if I’ve heard of a popular song, it’s probably VERY popular.
- My favorite subject in school is English and my least favorite is math (with gym in a close second).
- There are almost no foods that I do not like, except panettone bread (I had to google how to spell that…that is how you spell it, right?) and licorice-flavored things.
- Pretty much all of the stories I wrote when I was little were about orphans either living in an orphanage or with some cruel woman who made them sleep in the attic. 🙂
- I was homeschooled for 3 1/2 years, went to private school for 1 1/2 years, was homeschooled again for 2 years, went back to private school for 2 years, and am currently in my 2nd year of public school (10th grade). Yeah…it’s complicated.
- I love Lord of the Rings a lot, the books and the movies. They are WONDERFUL.
- I did not have a smartphone until this past summer.
- My schedule is organized but my room is not.
- For a 2-year project in middle school I wrote a “novel” (actually only about 20,000 words) that was a retelling of Snow White. That was the first writing project I ever finished that wasn’t a short story.
- I once created a character in a story just to make them everyone’s favorite and then kill them off. *gasp* Writers are evil people.
- I hate crafts but love other arts, like theater, music, and dance.
Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
What is your least favorite saying?
I do not have one. I have honestly never thought about this before.
What’s your favorite holiday and why?
I would have to say Christmas. And not just because that’s the time of year it is right now, I swear! Celebrating Christ’s birth, and all of the wonderful hymns, and CHRISTMAS TREES, and the fact that it lasts for a whole season instead of one day, and the fooooood, and how everyone gets to open gifts together instead of just one person opening gifts like on birthdays. It’s my favorite.
Where do you gain inspiration the most?
I think I gain the most inspiration from people in fields that I love (dance, music, writing, etc.) who are openly Christian and/or who have a really strong work ethic and passion for what they do.
How long have you been blogging, and what got you to blog in the first place? (shh, double question, I know)
I have been blogging for a little over a year. I started with a different blog in October 2014, and then switched to WordPress in August of this year.
I started blogging basically because I got the idea and it wouldn’t go away. Often I get ideas and they seem really cool but then I forget about them. But this idea just randomly popped into my head one day and it wouldn’t go away. I would forget about it and then remember it again, for months, and finally I asked my parents if I could try it. Because I personally think that when you have an idea like that and it won’t go away, the idea is probably from God.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
London or New York City. I’m going to cheat and say two. Because London is cool and I love British things. And also because Broadway…how can I choose between British and Broadway???????
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Rissi @ Dreaming Under the Same Moon
Emily @ For the Bookish
Amanda @ Scattered Journal Pages
Schuyler @ My Lady Bibliophile
Shantelle @ A Writer’s Heart
And…those are literally all of the bloggers that I can think of to nominate for this that haven’t already been nominated. But if you’re reading this and have a blog and would like to do this tag, you are nominated by me!
(and people who I tagged, do this if you want but don’t feel obligated to.)
So that’s that! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. Be sure to check out the blogs I nominated, as they are all blogs that I highly recommend!