Here I am with another installment of Fun Friday for you!
The lovely Miriam over at Crafted By Christ nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Miriam! Definitely check out her blog. She’s a gifted writer and writes about many of the same topics that I do!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- List eleven random fact about yourself.
- Nominate up to 11 other Bloggers that you think are deserving of this award (with less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging for almost three years now. I started my Blogspot blog in the fall of my freshman year, and now I’m about to be a senior. I can’t even believe how much my platform has grown since then…I’m not even sure I really knew what I was getting into, and I can’t wait to see what else God does with my writing!
How has God been working in your life this summer? This is a small thing, but I went to a dance intensive last week and stayed in a dorm three hours from my parents. Before I went, I prayed that God would give me a good roommate, and He did! I really lucked out. There were some not-quite-as-nice people there who I could have ended up rooming with (it was randomly chosen) and I’m so thankful that God gave me such a sweet girl to stay with.
What is your deepest passion? I hope and pray that it will always be the glory of God, knowing that only the Holy Spirit can make that true.
Describe your dream vacation. Spending a week in New York City: seeing a show (Broadway or dance) every night, trying to dress like a New Yorker, exploring all the neighborhoods and the tourist attractions, revisiting favorite places, and going to all of the places that I saw but didn’t get a chance to go to last time.
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? 1. Freedom from the various bonds that I struggle with every day. 2. Complete and full joy. 3. A revival across the world of people who know and love God.
What is your greatest goal? To use some talent that God has given me for His glory and to advance His kingdom in the world.
Other than writing, what are your hobbies? Dance, although I’m not sure that counts as a hobby because it’s more serious than that, like a potential career path. Piano. Choir. Latin (yes, this counts. It’s a club!). Reading, followed by obsessive fangirling.
How did you come to know Jesus as your Savior? I was blessed to be born into a Christian home, so I’ve known about Jesus for my whole life and was saved at a very young age.
What is your favorite book? Why? Why, Miriam? Why would you ask this question????????? Seriously???????? I refuse.
I will not answer.
If you could only write or only read, which would you pick? I’m going to have to say reading, despite how horrible it sounds not to be able to write. Because I could definitely read without writing (if I absolutely HAD to…) but I don’t think I could write without reading. But the best part is, I don’t have to choose and I can continue to do both!
What is the most random fact you can think of right now? Did you know that in that one scene in The Two Towers, where the find the pile of burning bodies and Aragorn kicks the head and screams, Viggo Mortenson actually broke his toe kicking it? He acted through it. That’s why it sounds like he’s in so much pain when he screams, because he was! 😉 (random enough…?)
Eleven Random Facts
- I think both dogs and cats are super cute, but I’m actually really scared of cats. Making me a dog person.
- I made my Common App account today. (gasp!) (And for those of you who don’t know what that is…you will learn, small child. You will learn. It’s called college applications. It haunts you in your sleep. Mwahahaha.)
- I hate drinking straight coffee (give me tea any day), but I love unsweetened lattes!
- In theory I like the idea of painting my nails. In practice, my nails are never painted. Except maybe like twice a year.
- I have never seen Star Trek…I guess I should really get to it…
- Also I have never seen The Lion King. (Cue shrieks of horror in the comments section. *ducks behind couch* Don’t hurt me!)
- I used to draw a lot as a child. Now I never draw…my talents in the area of arts and crafts are really limited.
- I have lived in basically the same place my whole life. (Several houses, but in the same area, and the same house for the last twelve-ish years.)
- I have seen two shows on Broadway: Wicked and Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812. They were both amazing!
- I love pasta. Especially mac ‘n’ cheese. And apparently National Mac ‘n’ Cheese Day is on my birthday, so that’s cool!
- I have a strange obsession with things that are British.
I’m going to be lazy now. If you are a blogger who is subscribed to True and Pure and has less than 200 followers, I nominate you! If you do it, be sure to leave me the link to your post in the comments so I can check it out!
Here are your questions:
- What is your favorite genre of music and why?
- What is a book you are really excited to read soon?
- What is a popular movie that you really should have watched by now, but haven’t?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Which dessert do you find irresistible?
- What are your writing goals for the next five years?
- What is your favorite part of your house?
- How many books do you think you own (personally, not your family)? (Just an estimate for fun!)
- And to follow up, is there such a thing as owning too many books?
- What is your favorite thing about your church?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
Now it’s your turn! Share your answers to any of the questions in this post in the comments below; I’d love to hear them!