And…this week you get Tuesday’s post on Wednesday, because I am really off my game. Sorry about that.
Today we continue our New Year’s Resolution series, and for today’s resolution I chose the following: “Spend time with each of your siblings one-on-one every month.”
Siblings…sometimes you love them, sometimes you hate them. But it is incredibly important for us to foster good relationships with them as we grow up, because they are always going to be around. And a good relationship with your siblings will be a wonderful thing to enjoy as an adult, whereas it won’t be so wonderful if you fight all of the time as adults.
One of the most important ways to foster a good relationship with your siblings is through simply spending time with them. You can spend time with each sibling one on one, or just do something all together as a group, but either way you will find that some of your best memories come from those days where you spontaneously do something fun with your family.
Today, I wanted to provide a list of things you can do with your siblings, in case you have no idea. These include all kinds of activities, so hopefully there’s something for everyone!
- Make a short movie or music video. (Or, like me and my sisters, start a movie project that will be in progress for years…) There are plenty of apps out there that you can use for this, and it’s really fun!
- Do crafts: find a tutorial online, teach them something you know how to do, or have them teach you something they know how to do.
- Make a giant collage.
- Bake something, or make dinner for your family.
- If you’re musical, write a song together.
- Draw portraits of each other.
- Co-write a story.
- Have a picnic outside.
- Go on a walk and talk about anything that comes to mind.
- Shovel snow, rake leaves, or pull weeds together (depending on the season).
- Do each other’s hair.
- Paint each other’s nails.
- Give each other makeovers.
- Have a fashion show and create several outfits for the other person to wear.
- Help your sibling clean out their closet, or have them help you clean out yours.
- Play board games or card games.
- Play yard games or sports outside.
- Read aloud to your sibling or have them read aloud to you.
- Watch a movie, complete with popcorn.
Getting Away from Home (if one of you can drive!)
- Go ice skating.
- Go shopping together.
- Go out to eat together.
- Get manicures/pedicures. (for girls)
- See a movie in the theater.
Getting Long-Distance (if your sibling lives away from home)
- Skype or Facetime them.
- Send emails back and forth with lots of wacky fonts and colors.
- Write in a journal to each other and mail it back and forth.
- Write actual letters to each other.
- Arrange to watch a movie at the same time on the same day (and maybe text back and forth or call them while watching it).
- Do a Bible study together.
- Pray for each other.
So there you go! I hope you enjoyed this list and that you got some ideas! Tell me in the comments what you like to do with your siblings! Be sure to share this post on social media and subscribe to my blog if you haven’t done that yet!
♥ love, grace ♥