Aaaaaah I’m embarrassed to post this today. With September came school, and with school came homework and extracurriculars, and with all of that came less time to do things I want to do like read and work on writing projects. So this is going to seem kind of pitiful. But here we go…here is my review of September.
I have a grand total of three books to report to you. Yes, I said three. It’s very sad. Especially since two of them were read in the first week of September before school started. But that’s how it goes. I’m currently rereading The Fellowship of the Ring, even though I have a huge stack of books sitting in my room that I haven’t read that I need to read. I just got this sudden urgent need to reread Lord of the Rings. Does anyone know what I’m talking about??
- Ever by Gail Carson Levine: This was pretty good, although kind of interesting. I’d never really read anything like it before and it had a different feel from her other books.
- Right Ho, Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse: This was a reread from a long time ago, and I really enjoyed it this time.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: Oh my goodness. So good. Definitely the favorite that I read this month. I had wanted to read it for a long time and it didn’t disappoint.
I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to this month, by far. I had finished my draft and was trying to start editing. I did read though it and take notes on major plot things I wanted to change, and I’ve started some editing, but I’m not very far in and I’ve completely lost motivation (and also have no time). So if anyone knows how to regain motivation for writing, please let me know!
Here are some of the highlights from the blog this month:
- The How to Pray section of my prayer series; so far we’ve covered adoration, confession, and thanksgiving. Supplication coming this week!
- My posts 2 Simple Truths to Remember This School Year and So You Got Into a Prestigious College…Or Not discussed the obsession with grades and getting into a good college that has taken over our society.
- I also did a guest post over at Apple Trees and Pumpkin Seeds on things I’ve learned from attending public high school.
And here are some posts I enjoyed on other blogs:
- Amanda at Scattered Journal Pages did a 3-part series approaching gender Biblically that just wrapped up today. She also did a fabulous post earlier in the month on religion versus Christianity.
- This is a great reminder for those of you old enough to be thinking about this: 3 Ways to Get the Right Kind of Guys to Like You
- Are any of these signs you’re looking for happiness in the wrong places true about you?
- For my fellow girls, here are 6 Back-to-School Modesty Tips and Tricks for you to try.
So there’s my review of this month’s reading, writing, and blogging! at have you read this month? Do you have any tips for regaining motivation to write? What was your favorite post on here this month? Tell me in the comments!
P.S. Be sure to share this post on social media using the buttons below and subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already!
Have a great October!